Be ready for school with a DIY braces kit!
It can be very common to have minor issues pop up with your braces from time to time! Whether itâ€™s food getting stuck in your brackets or a stray wire popping out of place, it is always better to be ready for anything! Prepare for this ahead of time by packing a braces kit to keep in your purse, backpack, or locker! Some helpful items you may want to think about including are:
– a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste for brushing after lunch
– floss or ortho picks to use after lunch if you have the time to do so
– orthodontic wax, which can be used to cover any part of your braces causing irritation
– extra rubber bands (which you should already be changing frequently)
– lip balm for dry lips
– a small cup for rinsing your mouth out after eating
– an unsharpened pencil for the eraser end, which can be used to push any stray wires back into place
Creating a simple kit like this to have close to hand can save you quite a bit of time and discomfort should any issues occur during the school day!